Storyboard
My experience with creating my storyboard was really good! I found it fun to pick out different aspects of my magazine like the images, font, colors, etc. It was helpful to see everything together and get the jist of what my magazine will look like. This process made it easy to see if I wanted to change things around or if I wanted to take away and add anything. In the article, " Storyboard your way to success " (1995, James M. Higgins) Higgins shares how Disney was the first to come up with this idea of having a storyboard and explains how it changed their carrier for the better. Higgins states, "Disney decided to have his artists pin their drawings on the walls of the studio, in sequence. That way, anyone would know at a glance how far along any given project was. The technique saved time. Scenes could be discarded with ease; fewer meetings were required." This has showed me that storyboarding helped enhance my vision for my magazine and was able to let me see if I wanted to continue my idea. Although I did find this process helpful, I found it difficult to figure out what I wanted to do and or what would be best in order to get readers attention and keep it throughout the magazine. For example, picking out colors and fonts to grab readers attention, but not have it be too much or overwhelming for the reader either. In the article, "Filmmaking across the curriculum: a beginner's guide " (Annemaree O'Brien, 2005) Annemaree shares that, "A storyboard uses rough drawings like a comic book to plan the shots for each scene based on the script. This is where you plan the composition and framing of the shots for your production. Storyboards are used for both animation and live action productions. The drawings have no detail and are changed continually until the planned sequence is right.". Even though I am not doing a film, both film and magazine are connected in a way of having a similar process to the final product. The storyboard allowed me to put my ideas together in a faster way, not everything had to be perfect, so it made it easier to change things and try different ideas and see what would look best! Although I didn't make any huge changes I did make some decisions and figured out more of what I wanted to focus on for different parts of my magazine. I decided I wanted my magazine to have a different destination "each month" and "this months " will be in New Orleans. My feature article will focus on everything about beignets and the history of them and how to make them. On my content page I will also be shoeing the other sides to my magazine like things to do in New Orleans, places to stay, things to see, to eat, and more.
Below is my storyboard for my magazine (Pictures are colored but they were colored lightly so it is hard to see)




Comments
Post a Comment