Preliminary Layout

 This is my Preliminary Layout for my portfolio project. Not everything is my final decision but these are some of my ideas I have narrowed down to.




Scripting Portfolio Project (Magazine) 

 

Masthead: Currently I plan on making my masthead, “Experience” I think this will be a good name to fit my magazine because it is a short name, but sums up everything I offer and talk about in my magazine.  I had another idea of the masthead being, "Travel Experience" but I'm not exact on what my final name will be.


Main Image: For my main image I haven't made a final decision, but I have a few ideas that are,  a huge table full of beautiful food from different places around the world, a couple at a pier holding a unique food item food item enjoying themselves, or a couple at a dinner table with dim lighting and the main focus is othe beautiful dish of food they have In front of them and the view of the ocean behind them. I would also make the main image take the entire cover.  I think these ideas would be a great fit for my magazine because I think it will sum up the whole idea of my magazine in a more sophisticated way.


Selling Line: A few ideas I have for my selling line are, “Live Laugh Love food and travel or Unique foods in Unique places “ 


Typography/Font For my magazine I want to use different fonts throughout. For my title I want to use (Baskerville Old Face) in the size 72 and for the rest of my text in my magazine I want to use (Aharoni) in a smaller size. For my selling line I want to use the font (BradleHand ITC) in the size 16.  I think these fonts and sizes well grab peoples attention and also go along with the theme/vibe of my magazine. 


Feature Article/Content/Images: For my feature article I don’t know what I want to make it as but some ideas I have are, the top 5 restaurants in a certain place, or top 5 best places to travel this summer. The content I want my magazine to have is my magazine will mainly talk about travel and different dishes in those places. To make it more interesting I will also be adding different parts like the best things to wear in those places, best activities to do and add steps and recipes on how to make those unique dishes from home. For my images I want to have a lot of beautiful pictures of the different locations and dishes that are in those places. I also want to add little side pictures of the different activities that people can do.



Content page styling/ Article title Ideas:  I don’t have a final decision on what my content page styling is going to look like, but I do want it to have a more sophisticated clean and simple look, and I still be eye catching. Some article title ideas I have are “The best of Italy”, “Do it in style”, or “Tan, eat, repeat” for a Hawaii page. I also may use the name of a unique dish as a content title to.

 

Comments